You're not the only one who can't enjoy the obnoxious heat during the summer months. Neither can the bugs, and they will do anything they can to gain access to your comfortable, air-conditioned home. The trick is to seal your house up tight so there are no cracks or crevices that irritating pests can squeeze through. It's not always an easy task, but it's not impossible.
For those who unfortunately suffer from Entomophobia - the fear of bugs and insects - the cornucopia of tiny critters trying to break in can be too much to bear. If you have an overruling aversion to everything from harmless moths and creepy cockroaches to villainous foes such as Black Widow spiders and scorpions, then the pesky pests taking up residency in your breezy, comfortable house or apartment can make your toes curl in terror.
Pest control can eliminate the majority of these uninvited houseguests, but it's not the quick fix you may imagine it to be. Having your preferred pest control gold coast guy spraying chemicals around the perimeter of your outer walls (as well as the interior of your home) is only the first step in preventative precautions. Do not let your guard down when it comes to creepy crawlers such as spiders and scorpions because, from the beginning of March to the end of November, you can expect more frequent visits from uninvited houseguests.
Therefore, monthly visits from a licensed exterminator are definitely recommended. But if you want to ensure your home is as close to bug-free as humanly possible, you can try the following precautions as well:
- Light 'em Up: A neat trick you can use to spot whether or not scorpions are in your house at night is to shine a large black light in the darkness on the floor and walls, as this makes their bodies appear to be glowing.
- Hide and Seek: Bugs have favorite hiding places. To prevent them from making it into your house, you can be proactive and seek them out. Use caution moving rocks and decorative boulders. Eliminate the ones you can see and spray, as they love to hide underneath things. Carefully check inside boxes around the outside of your property, like the ones housing the electric meter, the irrigation valve, or the phone and cable connections. Make sure you spray inside the valve box with a pesticide.
- Do Not Enter: A gap as small as even an eighth of an inch between the door and floor is enough room for insects to enter, so install a door sweep to keep them out.
- Seal It Up: Check the seals around your windows, doors, and any other areas around the foundation relating to the outside of your house. Any gaps can be sealed up using caulk.
- The Dreaded "Termite" Word: During the summer, routinely check the stem wall, so you can spot if you have termites. Easily recognizable, you should call a pest control company termite and pest control gold coast without delay. The longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
- Bug-Proof Your Roof: It may be difficult for a homeowner to access the roof, but it is very easy for rodents and insects. Use spray-in expansion foam on gaps between eaves, joints and trim to keep them out.
While pesticide sprays are effective in killing pests, a meager amount of maintenance time spent sealing your house up gives your family member’s peace of mind.